Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bucer's



You're looking at 2 of my favorite things right there, Ham and Swiss Quiche and Chai Tea Latte from Bucer's (Boot-zers). If you love Chai Tea Lattes, PLEASE, whatever you do, get on a plane to Moscow, Idaho. Right now. This is nothing like your Starbucks Chai Tea Latte. In fact, I can't even drink a Chai from anywhere else without comparing. It's that good. I'm not sure what I'll do when we move next year. I'll probably hire a live-in barista from Bucer's, which is completely realistic. Anyway, regardless of Chai, Bucer's is fantastic. Not only do they have wonderful Ham and Swiss Quiche but the architecture and atmosphere are amazing. You feel you're transported to Europe. Bucer's hand roasts all their coffee and home make their food. You're surrounded by huge, looming bookshelves stacked with old leather bound books and there's even a gigantic wooden dining table right in the center to foster conversation. Also, every Friday and Satuday night in the summer they host local bands and beer/wine drink specials. We've gone a few Saturday nights to hear music but by far my favorite has been a band called Saticoy.

If you're from the West Coast you may have heard a common rumor that "there's no where to hang out" if you go to WSU or U of I. Trust me friends, totally false. Like all good local haunts, the gems are few and far between but they're there if you look closely.

X, J

2 comments:

Proud Mom! said...

Yummmm! This looks good!

A Princess Out There said...

Awww makes me feel so hungry!!!!!!

Love,

http://aprincessoutthere.blogspot.com